Have you heard of TikTok Ramen? This viral sensation took the internet by storm when TikToker harleen.eats shared a game-changing hack for upgrading your instant ramen experience. With over 1.6 million views and counting, TikTok Ramen has captured the taste buds and hearts of food lovers everywhere.
So, what exactly is TikTok Ramen? It’s a delightful twist on the classic instant ramen we all know and love. But here’s the catch: Instead of relying on the flavor packet, this dish embraces a tantalizing glaze made with melted butter, garlic, soy sauce, and brown sugar. The result? A harmonious blend of sweet, salty, and umami-rich flavors will leave you craving more.
One of the secrets to this delectable creation is the addition of scrambled eggs. Not only do they provide a beautiful pop of color, but they also infuse the dish with extra flavor and a protein boost. Prepare yourself for a mouthwatering bowl of ramen like you’ve never experienced before.
Indulge in the ultimate sensory experience with the remarkable TikTok Ramen. This delightful recipe effortlessly balances a touch of sweetness with the perfect amount of saltiness, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate.
Prepare to be captivated by the robust umami goodness that awaits in every mouthful. The best part? This culinary masterpiece is incredibly simple to prepare, allowing you to conjure it effortlessly at any hour, day, or night.
Tiktok Ramen Ingredients
The following ingredients work together to create the distinctive taste profile of TikTok Ramen, combining sweet, savory, and spicy elements for a truly delicious dish.
Instant Ramen: The star of the dish, these quick-cooking noodles provide a familiar and comforting base. They absorb the flavors of the sauce and offer a satisfying texture.
Butter: Melted butter adds richness and enhances the overall taste of the ramen. It contributes a smooth and velvety mouthfeel to the dish.
Garlic: Minced garlic or garlic sauce brings a savory and aromatic element to the recipe. It infuses the ramen with its distinct flavor, elevating the taste profile.
Red Pepper Flakes: These flakes provide a subtle kick of heat and add a touch of spiciness to the dish. The amount can be adjusted to suit personal preferences.
Brown Sugar: Adding brown sugar introduces a delicate sweetness that balances out the savory components. It adds a hint of caramelized richness to the sauce.
Soy Sauce: A staple in Asian cuisine, soy sauce contributes umami richness and depth of flavor. It complements the other ingredients and adds a savory note.
Egg: The lightly beaten egg enhances the texture and richness of the TikTok Ramen. When cooked, it creates delicate ribbons throughout the noodles, adding a visually appealing element.
Everything Bagel Spice: This unique spice blend, typically consisting of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and salt, adds an extra layer of flavor and a hint of savory complexity to the ramen.
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
If you don’t have any Everything Bagel Spice, it’s easy to make your own at home.
In a small bowl, combine 1.5 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds with 1 tablespoon each of poppy seeds, minced garlic, and minced onion. Add 1 teaspoon of coarse or flaky salt to the mix. Give it a good stir, and voila! You now have your very own flavorful everything bagel spice blend to sprinkle on anything and everything your heart desires.
No Ramen, No Problem
Don’t fret, as various noodle alternatives can be used to create a delicious and satisfying dish. Let’s explore some fantastic substitutes that will ensure your TikTok Ramen experience is anything but compromised.
- Udon Noodles: Thick and chewy Japanese noodles that can be a great substitute for ramen.
- Soba Noodles: Nutty-flavored noodles made from buckwheat flour, providing a unique twist to your dish.
- Rice Noodles: Light and versatile noodles commonly used in Asian cuisine, offering a different texture and taste.
- Spaghetti or Linguine: Though not traditional, these pasta options can quickly substitute ramen noodles.
- Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles): Low-carb and gluten-free option made from spiralized zucchini, providing a healthier alternative to traditional noodles.
Tips And Tricks For The Best TikTok Ramen
- Customize with Toppings: Elevate your TikTok Ramen by adding your favorite toppings like sliced green onions, shredded nori, or a drizzle of sesame oil for extra flavor and texture.
- Don’t Overcook the Noodles: Cook the ramen noodles until they are al dente to maintain a satisfying chewiness in the final dish.
- Adjust Spice Levels: Control the heat by adjusting the number of red pepper flakes or adding a dash of hot sauce to suit your preference.
- Experiment with Seasonings: Try incorporating additional seasonings like ginger, chili garlic sauce, or a squeeze of lime for a unique twist on the classic flavors.
- Play with Protein: Enhance your ramen by adding cooked chicken, shrimp, tofu, or sliced beef to make it more substantial and satisfying.
- Let It Rest: Allow the noodles to sit in the sauce for a few minutes before serving. This helps the flavors meld together and creates a more cohesive taste experience.
- Garnish with Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle fresh cilantro, Thai basil, or chopped scallions on top of your TikTok Ramen to add freshness and vibrant aroma.
Proper Storage And Reheating Of Leftover TikTok Ramen
Refrigeration is Key: Store any leftover TikTok Ramen in an airtight container and promptly refrigerate it to maintain freshness and prevent bacterial growth.
Separate Noodles and Sauce: Store the noodles and sauce separately to maintain their textures and flavors. This prevents the noodles from becoming mushy.
Label and Date: Clearly label the container with the contents and date of preparation. This ensures you can keep track of freshness and helps avoid confusion.
Consume Within 2-3 Days: For the best taste and quality, consume stored TikTok Ramen within 2-3 days. After that, the flavors may deteriorate, and the noodles may become soggy.
Reheating Tips: When reheating, it’s recommended to heat the sauce and noodles separately. Reheat the noodles by briefly dipping them in boiling water or microwave. Mix them with the heated sauce before serving to maintain the desired texture.
Toppings and Fresh Ingredients: Fresh ingredients like herbs, vegetables, or garnishes should be added before serving to ensure optimal taste and texture. Store these separately to maintain their freshness.
Freezing for Extended Storage: If you plan to store TikTok Ramen for an extended period, consider freezing it. Place the cooled noodles and sauce in separate airtight containers or freezer bags, leaving some room for expansion. Label them with the date and freeze them for 2-3 months. Thaw the frozen components overnight in the refrigerator before reheating and combining them for the best results. Note that the texture of the noodles may change slightly after freezing and thawing.
One of the remarkable aspects of this TikTok ramen hack is its incredible versatility for customization. With the freedom to adjust ratios, omit disliked ingredients, and incorporate preferred ones, you have the power to craft a personalized bowl of ramen that perfectly suits your taste buds.
Spicy Sesame Twist: Elevate the heat by adding a teaspoon of chili garlic sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil to the glaze. Top it off with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for an extra flavor and crunch.
Teriyaki Fusion: Replace the brown sugar in the glaze with teriyaki sauce for a tangy and savory twist. Toss in some stir-fried vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and snap peas for added freshness and texture.
Korean-Inspired Kimchi Delight: Stir in a tablespoon of kimchi and a splash of kimchi brine to the glaze for a spicy and tangy kick. Garnish with sliced green onions and a sprinkle of roasted seaweed for an authentic Korean flair.
Creamy Miso Infusion: Mix a tablespoon of miso paste into the glaze for a rich and savory umami boost. Add a handful of sautéed mushrooms, a drizzle of sesame oil, and a soft-boiled egg for a luxuriously creamy and comforting bowl of ramen.
TikTok Ramen Recipe
- Skillet or frying pan
- Stirring utensil
- Serving bowl
- 1 package instant ramen
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Everything Bagel spice, or to taste
- Begin by cooking the instant ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet or frying pan. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes, sautéing for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the brown sugar and soy sauce, allowing the mixture to simmer for another minute until the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Push the sauce to one side of the pan, creating a space to cook the beaten egg. Pour the egg into the space and scramble it gently until cooked through.
- Add the cooked instant ramen noodles to the pan, tossing them in the sauce to coat evenly. Continue to stir-fry for a few minutes until the noodles are heated through and well-coated.
- Sprinkle the Everything Bagel spice over the noodles, adjusting the amount to your preference. Toss the noodles once more to incorporate the spice throughout.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the TikTok Ramen to a serving bowl. Garnish with additional red pepper flakes or any desired toppings.
- Explore different types of noodles for a unique twist.
- Consider adding a whole egg for a richer experience.
- Enhance the indulgence by sprinkling grated cheese on top.
- Adjust cooking times for different noodle varieties.
- Be mindful of spice levels when adding cheese.
Estimated Nutritional Facts (Per Serving)
- Calories: 400-500 calories
- Fat: 20-25g
- Carbohydrates: 45-50g
- Protein: 10-15g
- Sodium: 1000-1500mg