Hungry for some finger-licking goodness? Look no further than these irresistible Frank’s RedHot wings. This recipe is all about delivering maximum flavor with minimum effort.
Say goodbye to frying and hello to the convenience of the oven. And let’s not forget the star of the show – the iconic Frank’s RedHot sauce, blended with melted butter to create a mouthwatering coating that will have you reaching for more.
What Are Frank’s Red Hot Wings?
Frank’s Red Hot Wings is a popular dish with chicken wings coated in a flavorful sauce. The key ingredient is Frank’s RedHot sauce, which adds a tangy and spicy kick to the wings. These wings can be baked, fried, or grilled, and are often served with dipping sauces and fresh vegetables for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Main Ingredients Of Frank’s Red Hot Wings
When making Frank’s RedHot Wings, the main ingredients are crucial in creating the mouthwatering flavor and spicy kick we all love. Let’s look at the key components that make these wings irresistibly delicious.
- Chicken wings: The star of the dish, chicken wings provide tender and juicy meat perfect for absorbing the flavorful sauce.
- Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce: This iconic hot sauce delivers the wings’ signature spicy and tangy flavor. It adds a delightful kick that is synonymous with Buffalo wings.
- Butter or Margarine: Melted butter or margarine is combined with the hot sauce to create a smooth and rich coating for the wings. It helps balance the heat and adds a lusciousness to the overall flavor.
- Optional: Dipping sauce and side vegetables: Dipping sauces like ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks and carrot sticks are commonly served alongside the wings to provide cooling and refreshing elements that complement the spicy and savory flavors.
Franks Red Hot Sauce
Franks RedHot Sauce plays a central role in this recipe for Buffalo Wings as it is the key ingredient that infuses the wings with its signature spicy and tangy flavor. The sauce provides the heat and zing characteristic of Buffalo-style wings, giving them their distinct taste.
Its importance lies in creating that perfect balance of spiciness and tanginess that keeps us returning for more, making it an essential component in achieving the authentic Buffalo wings experience.
Tips And Tricks To Make Frank’s Yummy Red Hot Wings
For extra crispy wings, bake them at a higher temperature (around 425°F) for 25-30 minutes, then increase the temperature to 450°F for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Marinate for more flavor
For maximum flavor infusion, marinate the chicken wings in a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce, melted butter, and seasonings for at least 1-2 hours or overnight before baking.
Toss in sauce after baking
For a saucier wing, bake the wings plain, then toss them in a bowl with the Frank’s RedHot sauce and melted butter mixture immediately after baking to ensure a more even coating.
Customize the heat level
Adjust the spiciness to your preference by adding more or less Frank’s RedHot sauce. You can also combine different Frank’s RedHot sauces varieties for a unique flavor profile.
Finish on the grill
For a smoky and charred finish, after baking, transfer the wings to a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes on each side until they get some grill marks and a slightly charred texture.
Serve with cooling accompaniments
Pair the spicy wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing, cucumber slices, or a refreshing coleslaw to balance the heat and add a contrasting flavor and texture.
Different Methods to Prepare Frank’s Red Hot Wings
Toss the chicken wings in a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce and melted butter, then bake them in the oven at a high temperature until crispy and cooked. This is the classic and most common, and best method.
Marinate the chicken wings in a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce, melted butter, and seasonings, then grill them over medium-high heat until charred and cooked. This method adds a smoky flavor to the wings.
Air Fryer Method
Coat the chicken wings in a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce and melted butter, then place them in an air fryer and cook at a high temperature until they are crispy and golden brown. This method provides a healthier alternative with similar results to the traditional baked method.
Coat the chicken wings in a batter or flour mixture, then deep-fry them in oil until they are crispy and cooked. Once fried, toss the wings in a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce and melted butter. This method yields a crunchy texture and is commonly used in restaurants.
Slow Cooker Method
Place the chicken wings in a slow cooker and coat them with a mixture of Frank’s RedHot sauce, melted butter, and seasonings. Cook on low heat for several hours until the tender wings are infused with the sauce. Finish them under the broiler or grill for a crispy finish if desired.
What Flavors Can You Add In This Classic Franks Red Hot Wings?
Feel free to get creative and try other seasonings or ingredients that appeal to your taste buds. The versatility of Frank’s RedHot Wings allows for customization and exploration of different flavors.
- Sweetness: Incorporate a touch of honey or brown sugar to balance the spiciness and add a hint of sweetness.
- Tanginess: Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice over the wings before serving for a tangy twist.
- Freshness: Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro or parsley over the wings for freshness.
- Smokiness: Add a dash of smoked paprika or sprinkle some chipotle powder for a delicious smoky undertone.
Storage of Frank’s Red Hot Wings
- Refrigerate leftovers: Store leftover wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator within 2 hours of cooking for food safety and freshness.
- Consume within 3-4 days: Enjoy leftover wings within 3-4 days for the best taste and quality, discarding any refrigerated for longer.
- Reheat properly: To reheat, place wings on a baking sheet and heat in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through, to help maintain their crispness.
- Freeze for future use: Freeze wings in a freezer-safe container or bag, removing as much air as possible; they can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Note on sauce consistency: The sauce may thicken in the refrigerator; gently reheat on the stovetop or microwave, adding extra Frank’s RedHot sauce or melted butter, if needed, to restore its original consistency.
Frank’s Red Hot Wings Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Tongs or spatula
- Serving Platter
- Dipping sauce bowls
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top it with a rack.
- Separate the wing sections at the joints and discard the tips. Place wings on the rack.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked and crisp. Flip them over halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining Frank’s® RedHot® sauce and butter in a large bowl.
- Transfer the wings to the bowl and coat evenly.
- After baking, you can broil the wings for 2-3 minutes for a crispy texture.
- Increase or decrease the amount of Frank's RedHot sauce according to your preference for spiciness.
- Traditional accompaniments like ranch or blue cheese dressing, along with celery and carrot sticks, complement the flavors of the wings.
- If you want your wings to be generously coated in sauce, double the amount of Frank's RedHot sauce and melted butter mixture for tossing.
- If you prefer a smoky flavor, you can grill the wings instead of baking them.
- Calories: 250-300 calories
- Protein: 20-25 grams
- Fat: 15-20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5-10 grams